Illuminate is an industry leader in clinical data research and data mining primarily focused within the Radiology department of a health system. Our applications and products lead to better patient outcomes and improve departmental accountability and efficacy.
As a key member of the IT Analytics team at Illuminate, you will collaborate closely with teammates, internal business leaders, and clients to enhance and develop interactive data visualizations which address the problems that hospitals and clinicians face. The Reporting Analyst is responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining customized reports, primarily using Tableau and data visualization techniques, to for clients and internal users.
- Research, conceptualize, and develop analytical approaches for identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets, particularly in healthcare claims & clinical data
- Ability to envision and design innovative reports to inform and improve upon ongoing initiatives and clinical programs
- Collaborate with teammates to identify data driven opportunities to add value to existing and potential partners
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for internal and external stakeholders
- Design and build self-service dashboards to measure performance and assist in directing team’s efforts towards initiatives with the largest impact
- Identify, communicate and lead the resolution of data gaps that impede the fulfilment of operational reporting and oversight
- Collaborates with teammates, internal business leaders, and clients to understand their analytics requirements and addresses those requirements by building custom reports and dashboards to support business decisions
- Develops and provides on-going support of custom reports within division’s database system environment
- Designs, builds, and maintains reports using Tableau and other relevant technology and tools.
- Ensures reporting accuracy and stability of systems provided
- Provides end-user support and training for reporting systems
- Extends the capability of division reporting through statistical analysis and metrics reporting
- Participates in data governance process as defined by department / organization
- Champion and educate business and external staff on the use of the BI technologies for strategic and tactical decision making with use of data to support recommendations / decision
- 3+ years of academic or relevant work experience with data collection and management, data statistical analysis, and data interpretation/consulting
- Bachelor's degree required science & analytics, accounting, statistics, business management OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field
- Strong experience optimizing the user experience
- Experience with claim data analysis and working knowledge of the health care industry is strongly preferred; experience at a health plan, consulting firm or hospital system a strong plus
- Experience creating extracts and visualizations in Tableau preferred
- Knowledge of MS SQL Database preferred
- Excellent quantitative and analytical abilities, with proficiency in mathematical concepts and ability to define problems, seek and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Willingness to experiment and learn new tools and technologies
- Prior experience with bookkeeping and accounting/receivables at an organization preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs